Globexs is a company which main activity is the provision of several services to expatriates and/or the companies which they work for, as well as the provision of suitable accommodation for expatriates. Globexs has a website through which owners can make their homes temporarily available to expatriates.
By confirming your booking with a downpayment, you admit that you have read, understood and accepted the below terms and conditions.
THE CONCEPT OF RENTING AN APARTMENT WITH GLOBEXS
Globexs never rents apartments for tourism purposes. The minimum stay is 1 month. The maximum stay is 11 months. The apartments are only intended for use as a temporary housing accommodation. The tenants are not permitted to make it their principal or main place of residence. It is not permitted to exercise any trade or craft in the property, nor any other profession.
The owners of the apartments that Globexs offers to its customers have authorized Globexs to negotiate the price and the conditions of the rental with the tenants, and to sign the rental contract on their behalf. However, the owners of the apartments have the final word and need to approve to Globexs the conditions of every rental before Globexs can sign the rental contract on their behalf.
Every rental contract is a legal agreement between the owner of the apartment and the tenant. Globexs acts as an intermediate defending the interests of the owner and the tenant.
HOW TO BOOK AN APARTMENT AT GLOBEXS
To rent an apartment with Globexs a Globexs agent will communicate the exact price and conditions to the tenant. If the tenant agrees the following steps will be taken:
- Globexs drafts a booking confirmation and rental agreement and sends it to the tenant by email.
- The tenant signs the rental agreement and sends back to Globexs, together with a copy of his passport. (Under certain circumstances the rental contract can be signed on arrival). On the rental contract the name and ID of every person that will stay in the apartment must be mentioned.
- The tenant makes the downpayment of the first month’s rent + deposit + agency fee to confirm the booking.
- Globexs contacts the tenant regarding the practical arrangements for the check in.
The rental contract always overrules the terms and conditions stated on this website in case they are different.
PAYMENTS AND FEES
Bookings can be subject to 3 kinds of payments:
The monthly payment consists of the rent + expenses. The rental price shown on this website is the minimum price. Depending on the length of the stay the price can vary. For very short rentals (1-2 months), in high season, the price will be higher than shown on this website.
Expenses are always a fixed amount decided by the owner, and include all the expenses related to the apartment: Wifi, TV, electricity, heating, water, bedlinen, bathlinen, taxes, community costs, etc….
Usually the energy costs (heating + water + electricity) are included with a maximum of 100€ per month. If the energy costs exceed 100€ per month the owner has the right to deduct the excess amount from the deposit. The tenant is encouraged, during the stay in the property, to help to save energy by assuring that the lights and heating are switched off when he/she leaves the property.
One-time agency fee:
Often, but not always, the rental agreement is subject to a one-time agency fee. The agency fee reflects the Globexs commission and is to be paid at the moment of the booking.
One-time linen fee:
Often, but not always, the rental agreement is subject to a one-time linen fee on exit. The linen fee is to be paid together with the rent of the last month, or will be deducted from the deposit on check-out. A linen fee is charged in the last month of the stay to cover the cost of the washing of the bedlinens and towels. If there are unremovable stains the owner can decide to withdraw (part of) the deposit. The linen fee is not to be confused with a cleaning fee. The tenant is always obligated to leave the apartment clean on check out. (more information below in the chapter deposits).
For more information regarding the rental price, expenses, agency fee, and linen fee click here.
We prefer payments by bank transfer, but we also accept payments in cash and credit card (in the office), or by paypal and credit card (through the paypal portal side – click here). Paypal commissions or commissions from any other financial instution (banks, credit card companies,...) are always paid by the tenant. Globexs always needs to receive the exact amount.
A late payment is subject to a one-time 5% increase of the rent and will be paid no longer than 15 days after the due date. In case one of the payment terms are not respected, this will be considered as a serious error, which entitles the owner to immediately terminate the rental agreement, without notice, in which case the tenant is obliged to pay to the owner an indemnity of the amount of a full month’s rent for this error.
In order to assure the good and complete fulfillment of his/her obligations under this agreement, the tenant is obliged to pay a deposit at the moment of the booking. The amount of this deposit is decided by the owner and is usually between 750€ and 2 month’s rent.
The deposit will be refunded by bank transfer to the LESSEE after check-out, but only if the LESSEE has completely fulfilled his/her obligations under this agreement, if there are no damages being made to the property, if the house rules have been respected and the property is left behind in the same conditions as upon arrival. The deposit will be refunded as soon as possible with a minimum of 5 days. But it can take as long as maximum of 30 days after check-out, because we have to wait for the energy bills of the last month.
Reasons for non-refund of the deposit
The deposit will not be refunded (partly of completely) in the following cases:
- If the tenant does not leave the apartment clean on check-out. The tenant is not obliged to wash the bedsheets and the towels (for some properties a 1-time linen fee is charged to cover this cost), but he is obliged to clean the apartment before he/she leaves: The dishes need to be washed. It is not allowed to leave the dishwasher with dirty dishes. The trash needs to be removed from the apartment. The fridge needs to be emptied. In case the apartment is left behind dirty a cleaning fee can be charged. The cleaning fee amount will be decided by the owner of the apartment (minimum 75€ and maximum 1 month’s rent), and communicated to the tenant by Globexs.
- If the tenant causes damages to the property. Accidents can happen, but the tenant is obliged to cover the damages that he/she causes. (unremovable stains on bedlinen and furniture, broken furniture of kitchen equipment, etc….). The value of the damage will be decided by the owner of the apartment, and communicated to the tenant by Globexs.
- If the tenant does not respect the House Rules. Every rental contract included a chapter with the house rules. In case one of the house rules is not respected, this will be considered as a serious error, which entitles the owner to immediately terminate the rental agreement, without notice, in which case the tenant is obliged to pay to the owner an indemnity of the amount of a full month’s rent for this error (in addition to other eventual costs for indemnification of damages that would be caused to the property by the tenant).
- If the tenant has consumed more energy than included in the rental price. The rental price of an apartment usually includes a maximum energycost of 100€ (by default - can be overruled by the rental contract). If the tenants exceeds this amount (water + electricity + gas), the owner can decide to withdraw the amount from the deposit.
- If the tenant's payments were subject to a paypal commission of the commission of any other kind of financial institution, and Globexs did not receive the full amount.
Administration cost for deposit report
In case (a part of) the deposit cannot be refunded, a deposit report will be drafted by Globexs to explain the reason for the non-refund. In this case, also an administration cost of between 50€ - 250€ will be charged to the tenant.
HOUSE RULES OF THE GLOBEXS APARTMENTS
This following house rules apply to all Globexs apartments (except when overruled by the rental contract):
- The tenant must be aware that the property is a genuine residence surrounded by neighbors and the rules of the Homeowner’s Association have to be respected. The working norms of the proprietor's committee for the building, in which the accommodation is located, are to be respected, as well as the proper use of the common elements and fittings of the building. Annoying, unhealthy, harmful, risky, illegal activities are forbidden. The tenant may not disturb the peace and dwelling in the building and must refrain from activities that may disturb the peace of residents or neighbors.
- The tenant must respect the neighbors by keeping noise levels down, not just in the rented property but also in the stairwells. The noise has to be kept down to a minimum between the hours of 21:00 and 10:00.
- No parties are allowed to be held in the property.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the apartment and in the building. A penalty of 500€ will be charged in case the tenant smokes in the apartment.
- During the stay the tenant must depose the rubbish as indicated by the owner of by a Globexs staff member on check-in.
- Always fully lock the main door of the rented property using the key, when going out. When a set of keys is lost a penalty of 50€ will be charged, on top of the cost of making a new copy.
- An effort has been made to prepare the rented property for the tenant to ensure that the tenant feels as relaxed and comfortable as possible during the stay. The tenant is obliged to treat the rented property with care so that it is left at the end of the rental just as he/she found it at the beginning.
- On check-out the apartment needs to be left CLEAN. The dishes need to be done, the trash needs to be removed from the apartment, the fridge needs to be emptied, etc. In case the apartment is left behind dirty a cleaning fee can be charged.
In case one of the above house rules is not respected, this will be considered as a serious error, which entitles the owner to immediately terminate the rental agreement, without notice, in which case the tenant is obliged to pay to the owner an indemnity of the amount of a full month’s rent for this error (in addition to other eventual costs for indemnification of damages that would be caused to the property by the tenant).
USE OF THE GLOBEXS APARTMENTS
The Globexs apartments are only intended for use as a temporary housing accommodation. The tenant is not permitted to make it his/her principal or main place of residence, unless specific permission is given in writing. The tenant shall immediately notify Globexs by registered letter if his/her principal or main place of residence changes.
It is not permitted to exercise any trade or craft in the property, nor any other profession.
The property cannot entirely or partly be sublet or made available to third parties, nor can the rent be transferred to third parties.
If the tenant fails to meet the obligations stated above with regard to the intended use of the property, the owner will consider this as a serious shortcoming, which entitles the owner to invoke automatic dissolution of the agreement without prior notice and to charge the sum of a full month’s rent as a penalty to the tenant. Moreover, in that case the owner is also entitled to claim damages, such as material damage and taxes to which the owner would be bound by the mere fact that the property is rented for a professional purpose or if the property is used as a principal or main place of residence.
The tenant will take out his/her own insurance for his/her personal belongings. The owner, nor Globexs, cannot be held liable for any loss, theft or damages to the personal belongings of the tenant.
CANCELLATION OF A BOOKING
Cancellations before arrival:
The tenant has the right to cancel the booking with 2 months written notice without penalty. If however the notice is less than 2 months but more than 1 month in advance, the tenant must pay a penalty of half a month’s rent. With a notice less than 1 month in advance, the tenant must pay a penalty of a full month’s rent. In case the booking was subject to an agency fee, the agency fee will not be returned under no circumstances.
In case the travel plans change, the tenant has the right to delay the entry date by 1 week without penalty, with a 1 month written notice. During this 1 week the apartment will be blocked for the tenant. This term of 1 week can be extended after negotiation with the owner, under certain circumstances.
Cancellations during the stay:
The tenant has the right to cancel the rental agreement with a 2 months written notice without penalty. If however the notice is less than 2 months but more than 1 month in advance, the tenant must pay a penalty of half a month’s rent to Globexs. With a notice less than 1 month in advance, the tenant must pay a penalty of a full month’s rent to Globexs.
THIS WEBSITE IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES
This website is translated in 4 languages: English, French, Spanish and Dutch. The main language is English. Sometimes translation errors occur which mean lead to discrepancies between the content in the different languages. When this occurs the English version will always overrule the other languages.
Click here to read our Legal Disclaimer.
By confirming your booking with a downpayment, you admit that you have read, understood and accepted the above terms and conditions.