Angel is a bright double bedroom in London, a furnished 4 bedroom apartment in Stratford.
Looking for a comfortable place to stay in North East London? Well, you might have found it in this apartment in Stratford! The flat has four bedrooms, a kitchen and a bathroom.
– Stratford (Light Rail station) – 5 min walk away.
– Maryland (Train Station) – 5 min walk away.
– University Square Stratford – 2 min walk away.
– University Of East London, Stratford Campus – 8 min walk away.
– Loughborough University London – 24 minutes away on public transport.
– Queen Mary University of London – 18 min away on public transport.
– Shops and supermarkets – 10 min walk away.
– Olympic Stadium – 25 min walk away.
– West Ham Lane Recreation Ground – 12 min walk away.
Stratford is now known best for being home to the 2012 London Olympics. The whole area was completely restructured and redeveloped and is now one of London’s most prominent areas when it comes to modernity. Not only is the Olympic Park here, Europe’s largest urban shopping centre opened here in 2011. The Westfield Stratford City has over 300 stores for you to explore!
Before the whole area went through this process of gentrification, it used to be quite run down, quite like most of the East End used to be. Historically, Stratford was an agrarian village just outside London, but as the city grew further and further, it soon became part of it. During the Victorian Era, most of the East End became heavily industrialised, which drove the property value into the ground, drawing in the lower-classes.
However, Stratford’s location made it an important transportation hub for coaches travelling out of London, which in turn made the area the East End’s place to live.